If you see this...grab it!

I thought that we could use the legion of SNA record or CD bin scourers to be the collective eyes and ears for music that each individual member is looking for but can't find. PM if seen...

I'm looking for

Artist: CAKE

Album: Fashion Nugget

Format: LP only

$40 max

Edited by proftournesol

Great idea Prof!

I would like:

Artist: Santana

Album: Marathon

Format: CD/SACD/DVDA

1086742.jpg

I have a few copies on vinyl but would like it in digital as well. Although I doubt that it is available in anything but CD and vinyl.

Cheers,

Jake

Edited by Jake

I thought that we could use the legion of SNA record or CD bin scourers to be the collective eyes and ears for music that each individual member is looking for but can't find. PM if seen...

I'm looking for

Artist: CAKE

Album: Fashion Nugget

Format: LP only

$40 max

Me too. l have read this is pretty rare on LP, l don't know if it was even sold in Australia originally. l got the Cd recently and it sounds pretty good, next to no compression l would say

Cheers,

mondie

Great idea Prof!

I would like:

Artist: Santana

Album: Marathon

Format: CD/SACD/DVDA

I have a few copies on vinyl but would like it in digital as well. Although I doubt that it is available in anything but CD and vinyl.

Cheers,

Jake

I have a copy of Marathon on CD, but I'm keeping it! (Sorry Jake.)

Some that I'm keeping an eye out for (on CD):-

Artist: Andrew Lloyd Webber

Album: Variations

Format: CD

Extremely hard to get I think. I have a copy on vinyl, but have never seen it on CD. Probably deleted, but I think there was a Japanese release on CD. (In my opinion, this is probably the only ALW recording worth getting, and yet its not available! :o)

Artist: Sugarloaf

Album: any album with the full length version of 'Green Eyed Lady' on it

I think there are a couple of CD releases with this on, but I've yet to come across them. I have the 2 minute single version on 45rpm vinyl, but the album version runs for around 6 minutes I believe.

Artist: Chieftains

Album: any of their earlier recordings, Chieftains 1 to Chieftains 5

Once again, I have these on vinyl, but they are very scratchy. I did see some of these in an Irish shop a few years ago, but they were asking ridiculous prices (around $45 each!). Maybe they are becoming scarce, but I can't believe that wasn't a rip-off.

• 2 months later...