Sign in to follow this  
rocl444

SNA

as from this afternoon i am unable to view SNA. it switches me to SNNZ within a second or 2. how can i view content on SNA? @Marc

Same thing is happening to me. I am now resident in NZ but used to live in Australia, so find the AU site useful. I now can't contact vendors through Stereonet Australia. In fact I have just been messaging a vendor on Stereonet AU recently, with this change I wouldn't be able to complete my business with the vendor. I use both the AU and NZ sites, so don't want to be forced onto one only. Perhaps there is an explanation. I also made a classifieds purchase on a recent visit to Perth, all arrranged from NZ before my visit. This wouldn't be possible with this change. 

Me too guys. I sent a PM to Marc about it a couple of hours ago. Hopefully they can sort things for us. Really useful to be able to access both sites

Hey guys, this was a planned change, but for those members that are heavily involved in the AU forums as well there is a workaround.

Just drop me a PM please if you haven't already.

Just my personal opinion, but  bad move Marc.

Forcing NZ members of the AU site to this site is just annoying and short sighted. 

Effectively, you've banned NZ members from the Au site. 

Please send me the work around. 

16 hours ago, Marc said:

Hey guys, this was a planned change, but for those members that are heavily involved in the AU forums as well there is a workaround.

Just drop me a PM please if you haven't already.

hi - marc. i can now get onto the SNA site. thanks.

my main issue yesterday was i had done a search for a brand of speaker manufactured in australia and could not access the review on your site. i can understand that you want to resurrect this site and i wish you luck with that. i must say that yesterday was the 1st time i have been here for a LONG time. in my mind it has been dead.

@Marc its started doing this again forcing me to the NZ site when I try to visit  the AU site.

Can you please fix this for me? 

29 minutes ago, Citroen said:

Same here, all sorted now. :)

hi cliff - did marc want an ip address from you? he asked me for 1 but, firstly i am away from home and secondly i am using a laptop via wifi, so can't give one.

mine is not sorted, except i can access sna by activating the vpn on opera. it will reduce how often i log on which is not such a bad thing.

Yes  gave him my ip address. Laptop works but discovered phone doesn't (using I think the same ip).

Using another ip now and it doesn't work.

marc fixed it for me too (on desktop).

haven;t tried laptop or phone.

does the fix work  for dynamic ip's ?

Well I think it's not such a great idea this redirecting thing. If I want to check out the Oz site then I should be able too without using VPN's or whatever. I take it then, if you're in Oz and want to visit the Kiwi site you will be redirected back to the Oz site? Or is this just something special for us? 

Marc please dump this idea.

i may be wrong, but for marc these sites are his business and the decision to redirect is a business decision. sna is well used and self supporting. snnz is not.

Yep no doubt a business decision. But you can't force a site to come alive by means like this. 

I find this action of redirection strange.
If the NZ site is good it will work on its own accord.