Some JBL 4341 goodness

Thought I'd post a pic of some JBL4341's I've just completed.

These originally arrived in very rough carpeted 'road cases' as at some point in their life they were used 'on stage' rather than for their original purpose as studio monitors (yes, this is what real studio monitors used to look like in the 70's and 80's).

The client wanted solid Rosewood cabinets but also wanted to return the baffles to JBL blue from their black state. The cabinets were in such a bad state that they were entirely discarded, and new boxes built from the ground up using dual layer construction of 25mm MDF and 20mm Rosewood. Internal volume and tuning remains unchanged, but the rather itchy fibreglass batts have been replaced with Dacron fibre, and whilst the original crossover and adjustment plate remains onboard they have been bypassed entirely and individual cabling to terminal posts provided as these speakers will be run fully active.

If the client decides to onsell at some stage, they can be converted back to passive via a removable panel in the back plate.

[ATTACH]10898[/ATTACH]

They sure do :D

How do they sound AJ?

Damn good mondie, damn good.

A lot better than these so-called studio monitors of today.

Client is picking them up tomorrow, so no time for a critical listen I'm afraid.

Mal, I ordered a pair of FE206's today :)

Mal, I ordered a pair of FE206's today :D

What cab are you going with .

I've been watching the Oz dollar a couple of goodies are looking better .

Cheers

What cab are you going with .

I've been watching the Oz dollar a couple of goodies are looking better .

Cheers

I'll have a chat to Earle before deciding. I'm leaning towards a TL myself but Earles BLH's sounded great..

• 6 months later...