SOLD - EOI Yamaha TX-950 Tuner Black

Item: Yamaha TX-950 SOLD SOLD SOLD

Item Condition: Very good

Reason for selling: No longer required

Price:?

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info:

I Purchased this tuner about 4 years ago and no longer have use for it.

Unit works perfectly and was one of Yamaha's best Tuners in its day. It has very good reception. I live 130 k from Melbourne in an area with poor reception and it finds stations well using an internal aerial.

It has one small scratch above the power switch but is not back to the metal. It has 2 white marks on the top cover. see photos

I dont have the original box but I will pack it securely. Pick up /drop off in Melb a possibility if you are patient as I dont go to Melbourne that often

If you are interetested let me know

Feel free to ask questions

Pictures: Higher quality pics available on request

Edited by hifi123

The problem is I have no idea what is a fair price- hence the EOI. If you are interested let me know. Rather than have it sit on a shelf I would rather it be put to use by someone who has a need for tuner

below is the tuner information ceter bio of toe tx 950 think at $25 its a trifle under priced

i'd bid $40 delivered to fitzroy at your leisure + a decent coffee if i'm home.:)

Yamaha TX-950 (1991, $430, photo, owner's manual) (click here for info) search eBay

The fairly common TX-930 and TX-950 are both black-faced digital tuners with great specs, particularly sensitivity, and lots of bells and whistles including fine-tuning in .01 MHz (10 kHz) increments. They both have a rotary fine-tuning knob and the "CSL" (Computer Servo Lock) circuit like the T-85. Overall, we believe the TX-930 and TX-950 are virtually identical, but none of us has compared them side-by-side. Our contributor Jay points out that the TX-930 has 24 station presets while the TX-950 has 40, and that the TX-950 was manufactured until sometime in 1999 - an unusually long run. Our contributor Bob G. found the TX-950's sound to be "sterile," compared to his Kenwood KT-8300 and Sansui TU-717, although the TX-950 pulled in stations well. Our never-bashful contributor Ryan says that, compared to the well-built TX-1000, the TX-950 "is a tin can with a supply transformer stolen from Radio Shack's reject bin, to be generous." Owner's manuals for the TX-930 and TX-950 may be downloaded free from the Yamaha website. Like several other Yamahas, the TX-950 and TX-930 are fine tuners (notwithstanding the above comments) that have seen inexplicable downward sale price trends on eBay: the recent TX-930 range is just $40-75, with a record low of $22 in 6/09 and a recent high of $212 in 7/08 (vs. the former typical range of $120-215), while TX-950s that used to sell for $140-280 now often fetch just $50-110 (with a record low of $32 in 4/09 and a recent high of $152 for a "new in box" one).