Newbie(to Stereo Net).An introduction,and my system.

I'll admit that I really wasn't aware that there was a really good Aussie forum to be a member of,and the upshot of communicating with fellow Aussies about all things Hi-Fi has some obvious avantages.

I'm making my initial post on Stereo Net on the turntable forum,because my Yamaha GT 2000 turntable is the best thing that has ever happened to my system.

I imported it from Japan last year(when the Aussie dollar was worth 100 Japanese Yen).The shelf it sits upon is supported by 8 Clearaudio Magix.

The rest of my system is listed in my signature.Thanks for having me. :party

Welcome to SNA theophile. I have read many of your posts on Audiokarma with great interest, particularly those on the Yamaha PX-2 and PX-3. Look forward to hearing more from you here.

Welcome and what a great bit of kit to introduce yourself with - love it - any tips on purchasing from Japan - did you use a store and where you happy with it?

Would love to see some pics of the rest of the system some time.

Jake will be pleased to see another banana join SNA - well done and please enjoy - most people are quite sane on here - just watch out for the few cray blokes that collect from the dump.

Welcome and what a great bit of kit to introduce yourself with - love it - any tips on purchasing from Japan - did you use a store and where you happy with it?

Would love to see some pics of the rest of the system some time.

Jake will be pleased to see another banana join SNA - well done and please enjoy - most people are quite sane on here - just watch out for the few cray blokes that collect from the dump.

Oi!! Who are you calling cray?:party

Welcome to SNA, Theo.

Glad to see another GT2000 user in Aus.:party

Cheers, FG

I'll admit that I really wasn't aware that there was a really good Aussie forum to be a member of,and the upshot of communicating with fellow Aussies about all things Hi-Fi has some obvious avantages.

I'm making my initial post on Stereo Net on the turntable forum,because my Yamaha GT 2000 turntable is the best thing that has ever happened to my system.

Welcome Theophile, good to see another QLD'er here and I have seen a few others from the banana empire join as well lately.

It will be good that maybe we can start organising some GTG's in the future.

I am sick of reading about all those croweaters and their meets that they organise. :party

Chris

If I haven't replied to any of these posts prior to now,it's because I've only just now received notification of them.

I don't keep-up a presence on many 'net boards because I don't like to spread myself too thin(as the saying goes).I occasionally post on Audio Asylum and regularly at Audiokarma(a bonzer site).It was whilst gleaning information from the 'net that I found SNA.The 'tone' of the posts impresses me(you guys discuss things rationally and politely).Lot's of knowledgable members with nice systems.Great to see. :D

As a reply to some of your posts:

There are ways to obtain purchasing agents who will purchase Japanese gear on one's behalf(naturally using your money).Rather than recommend a particular one,I'll advise anyone interested to look for these companies using a search engine.My GT 2000,the Accuphase F-25,and the L-06M monoblocks all were imported from Japan.

Yes,the GT 2000 sits atop a shelf of laminated toughened glass/styrofoam which is itself atop 8 Clearaudio Magix mag-lev footers(they are somewhat fiddly,but I wouldn't part with them).The 'scrap' of paper with my 'moniker' in the pic of my TT,is just so that some unscrupulous fraudster never uses a picture of my 2000 to defraud someone else.

With regards to the Moon LP-5.3 phono stage;I love it. :)

Prior to owning the Moon,I had been using the Dynavector P-75,before that the Phono stage of the Yamaha C2x preamp.They are all worthy phono stages,the Moon is lovely.The Soundmith 'The Voice' sounds pretty blissful in combination with it.

I nearly fainted when I saw your post fatgen.There are so few Non-Japanese with GT 2000s,that I entertained the notion that I was probably the only Aussie with one.As jaspert pointed-out,we have other components of similar natures.I have taken an interest in Accuphase's older(less upmarket)sibling,Kenwood's better offerings.Amongst the Kenwood amps I own which have impressed me,are the Kenwood basic M2 amp,the Kenwood 700C preamp( I own one in stock livery and an EchoWars modified unit),the Kenwood L-1000M(I own two of them) and my latest love the L-06M monoblocks and the (soon to arrive from Japan) L-08M monoblocks.The Accuphase F-25 is a gorgeous sounding active crossover.

I'll probably slowly work my way onto Stereo Net.I am fairly a selective poster and not a 'post-*****',so please make allowances for my seeming absences.I read a lot more on Forums,than I post.

I haven't got a camera( it broke),so there aren't more piccies.

Once again thanks for the welcome guys.The belated reply relates to the tardiness of the SN notification system.