NAD 785 HD recievers Review

Taken from Audioholics website.......

NAD Electronics introduced upgraded HD versions of the T 785, T 775, T765 AV Receivers and the T 175 AV Tuner Preamp-Processor. Additionally, NAD premieres Modular Design Construction (MDC) in the new Masters Series M15HD AV Preamp-Processor. We'd like to formally welcome NAD to the 21st century.

The MDC-based products include four new entries in NAD’s popular Theater Series — the T 785 HD AV Receiver, T 775 HD AV Receiver, T 765 HD AV Receiver, and T 175 HD Preamp-Tuner-Processor. It also includes NAD’s first MDC-based Masters Series component, the M15HD Surround Sound Processor. All are based on current models that have been significantly upgraded with the new MDC architecture and various high-definition and advanced features.

image_miniNAD’s exclusive MDC program employs a series of modules that add valuable features, capabilities and connectivity. The initial plug-in modules (AM 100, AM 200, VM 100 and VM 200) cover digital audio and HDMI functions, component and analog video functions, and two-channel and multi-channel analog audio functions.

The T 785 HD AV Receiver, T 175 HD AV Tuner Preamp-Processor and the M15HD AV Preamp-Processor come equipped with NAD’s new AM 200 and VM 200 Modules. As a result, new features include dual 32-bit Aureus 7.1 high-speed digital signal processors (DSPs) by Texas Instruments, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume by Audyssey; decoding for several advanced audio formats, including Dolby True HD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio; and Sigma Designs’ VXP broadcast studio quality image processor.

image_miniTo complete the listening experience, NAD includes two new and complementary technologies from Audyssey — Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume. Audyssey Dynamic EQ preserves the full impact of movie soundtracks at all listening levels, while Dynamic Volume prevents large jumps in loudness when commercials come on and when TV channels or video sources are changed.

In addition, the T 785 HD and T 175 HD each support all standard and high-definition forms up to 2048 x 2048 pixels; motion adaptive de-interlacing with edge interpolation, which eliminates the jagged edge effects common in lesser image/scaling processors; film mode detection with output cadence generation, which gives video the smoothness of film; and programmable scaling with aspect ratio conversion, which perfectly matches a video source with a video display. They have advanced noise reduction and detail enhancement, and frame conversion to and from any refresh rate in NTSC and PAL.

Like The T 785 HD, the T 775 HD boasts dual 32-bit Aureus 7.1 high-speed DSPs by Texas Instruments, Audyssey’s MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume; decoding for Dolby Digital True HD, Dolby Digital Plus DTS HD, and DTS Master Audio.

image_miniThe T 775 HD employs the latest version HDMI 1.3 Repeater from Analog Devices. All input resolutions up to 1080p are fully supported at the output as well as cross conversion of legacy analog formats. Further, all existing analog inputs are also available for up-conversion to HDMI output. Deep Color and xvYCC Expanded Color Space are supported to fully realize the highest possible video resolutions, now and for the foreseeable future. The NAD T 775 HD HDMI repeater also generates an on-screen display (OSD) and de-interlaces legacy standard definition formats.

The T 765 HD AV Receiver includes the AM 100 and VM 100 Modules, bringing with it new HD features that include HDMI 1.3 repeaters for three digital sources, an on-screen display via HDMI, eight-channel pulse code modulated (PCM) audio (decoded or LPCM), two-channel PCM audio (encoded), and decoding for Dolby Digital True HD, Dolby Digital Plus DTS HD and Master Audio High Resolution Audio.

I have seen these in action and if you have a projector with some noise well these units certianly clean that up alittle also i noticed while playing a DVD that the picture was so clean and clear that i thought i was acutally watching a Blu Ray Disc i was really impressed

if your in the market for a reciever go to your local NAD dealer and take a look at them they are pretty good in my opinoin

I have seen these in action and if you have a projector with some noise well these units certianly clean that up alittle also i noticed while playing a DVD that the picture was so clean and clear that i thought i was acutally watching a Blu Ray Disc i was really impressed

if your in the market for a reciever go to your local NAD dealer and take a look at them they are pretty good in my opinoin

You call this a "review"????? LOL

• 3 weeks later...
You call this a "review"????? LOL

No The review was the first post which i thought may have been some interests to others out there...

I was just really impressed with the quality of the new HD gear thats all