A little ray of sunshine...

Just one almost-forgotten gem amongst many in the history of Aussie rock.

axiom-hitsEP.jpg

If you know of some others post them here, I and Im sure many others would love to see them.

As a little aside, I used to own a guitar owned by Axiom - a near mint '67 Rickenbacker. Nice guitar but not really my style.

Cheers,

Jake

Glenn Shorrock is an underrated Aussie music legend. I have a GS compilation triple CD pack of his which takes in all his groups from the Twighlights to LRB

Some great classics on this, shame about the production though on the early stuff, including the Axiom songs.

AND!!! it all started here in Adelaide too:p

Glenn Shorrock is an underrated Aussie music legend. I have a GS compilation triple CD pack of his which takes in all his groups from the Twighlights to LRB

Some great classics on this, shame about the production though on the early stuff, including the Axiom songs.

AHHHH!!!!!! Now I get it. I always thought there was something strange about Glen Shorrock. That confirms it. Adelaide:nana

Cheers

DCPQF

AHHHH!!!!!! Now I get it. I always thought there was something strange about Glen Shorrock. That confirms it. Adelaide:nana

Cheers

DCPQF

Yes there was something different about him, like a lot of Adelaide folk; He has talent.:party

I don't no why non South Aussies give it to South Australians Grumpy? Adelaide is the best city in Australia. I love it........

And a little ray of sunshine! A great song...I love it to.....

Edited by handysteel

Jeez you South Australians are a bit thin skinned. Toughen up a bit I say boys.:party

Seriously though, yes you do have a nice part of the world over there and I must add the BEST red wines in the world eminate from areas like the Coonawarra and Limestone Coast. Better than even the Barossa and Clare Valleys IMHO.

But yes Glen Shorrock is much unheralded. Damn fine voice and for me I would rather listen to him for 2 hours than John Farnham.

On a different note. I watched the telly the other night about the MJ Memorial Concert, and I was totally blown away by Stevie Wonder. There is a music icon.His voice sounds better to me now than it ever did. And also Jermaine's version of Charlie Chaplin's SMILE was haunting. All very sad really.

I'm not thin skinned about those sort of jibes, I usually just ignore them.

I was never a Glen Shorrock fan myself, just didn't like the harmonies of Little River Band. But there are a lot of people I'd rather listen to than John Farnham. (Well, most actually.)

I like some of Stevie Wonder's music. Superstition and Master Blaster were great.

Thanks for the clip Jake I enjoyed it very much...........brings back a lot of memories. I suppose I was like a lot of dads back then and having two daughters in the 70's, that song was and still is today very poignant indeed.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
Typo!!

Didn't Brian Cadd write A little Ray of Sunshine? I love the song, one of the best Aussie songs written.

Cheers

M

He certainly did write it................I think you'll find that he and Don Mudie wrote just about all Axiom's music.

Cheers,

Keith

I agree Grumpy, he was underrated compared to some others with far less talent. I know he came out from England as a kid but I didn't know he grew up in Adelaide. I always took Axiom as a Melbourne band though.........thanks for enlightening me.:party

Cheers,

Keith