AXIS floor standers

Hi just seeing if anybody has ever seen or herd axis speakers.There australian made dont know what model thay are but a freind of mine says hes dad is giving them away very cheap.There 2 way floor standers.

If they are the ones I recall, very good for the original price, about $1k ?

From memory it's a 2.5 way design with dual rear ports....tweeter at the top, with 2 x 5" mid bass's below it.

Very good power handling, and capable of high spl... how much is he asking?

Ok thanks for the input ill have to go around have a look hes talking around $70 or couple cases of beer i think i might get them, just what the wife needs to see more speakers in da house

The LS38 was a 2.5 way with the tweeter & 6.5" mid/bass section seperated from the lower 6.5" midbass ,top port was behind the tweeter and another port mounted behind the lower driver .

Cheers

You'll have to find the model. They were good speakers for their time and money involved. The LS28 was a bookshelf, the LS38 was as people have said, a 2 1/2 way floorstander. There was also a smaller floorstander, the LS33 which was not as good value as the smaller or larger ones. Along with this, there was a towering, D'Appolito arranged 3-way called the LS-88 - if this is what you're getting for $70 then it is bargain of the year, but $70 for any of them is a great deal!